The health and safety of our clients, assessors, staff, and community is our top priority. We are closely following COVID-19 developments through government authorities and public health agencies. As we re-open, Omega Medical has implemented a number of changes to encourage physical distancing and maintain the safety of our clients, assessors and staff. Staff and Assessors will be screened daily in an effort to reduce the spread of the virus. Our offices will not only be cleaned thoroughly daily, but also between clients. Personal protective equipment (gloves, masks, face shields, sneeze guards) will be made available to all clients and staff.
Clients will be screened by phone up to 5 days prior to their assessment(s)
Clients will be contacted by phone. They will be asked about whether they have any potential symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to individuals with COVID-19. They will also be asked about their recent travel history.
Clients will be screened in-person when they present for their assessment(s)
Clients will again be screened and their temperature taken upon arrival. Use of a mask while in attendance in our facility is required.
To ensure physical distancing and proper sanitization, we have:
- Modified seating in our waiting room and created Stations.
- Established sanitization stations at various areas in the Clinic and in each assessment space.
- Staggered appointment times to reduce people waiting for appointments at any one time
- Encouraged adult clients to come alone or have family/friends wait elsewhere. We have a second floor concourse with seating available
- Created additional private office space to allow clients to work on forms and testing
- Created additional testing spaces for functional testing by occupational therapy
- Intake Forms and Collateral Source forms will be sent ahead of time for completion with directions on returning them ahead of appointment date(s).
Thank you for your patience as we start rescheduling appointments.
Harold Becker, PhD, MD, CCFP, FCFP (LM)
Lisa Becker, BSc (Hon), MD, FRCP(C)
Clinical Director – Physician
Dory Becker, PhD, C. Psych
Clinical Director – Mental/Health